Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sorbet Bouquet

Printed Shorts 

Ah, the refreshing taste of sorbet sounds just perfect for end of the summer heatwave!  I dressed to feel just as refreshed in these short printed shorts with a soft colored blouse, draped ever so lightly, paired with my favorite structured handbag. 




I love these printed shorts I found at Forever 21 at the South Coast Plaza, while on a day trip to Balboa Island with the whole family-parents, grandparents, brother, and boyfriend.  (The men in the family surrender to the shopaholics.)  They are high waisted and have an exposed zipper in the back with no pockets.  I have seen many a floral pair at the high price of designer names.  These caught my eye with the faint floral sorbet colors.  




I picked out watermelon sorbet color and topped it off with a blouse, by Ellison, to match.  Even though I have had this blouse for a while, I made it work by tucking in the front.  It is that 'mullet' style blouse, where it is shorter in the front and longer in the back.  So, I let the length drape down the back to compensate for the short length of the shorts.  
I bought this blouse on Haight Street, during a yearly girlfriend gathering in San Francisco.  I meet my two childhood gal pals, whom I grew up figure skating with.  They have grown into an amazing professional fabulous women, who work as a fashionable, tough-as-nails lawyer and stylish, holds-no-punches gynecologist.  Oh, how I strive to be as fabulous as they are.





The shoes are a buy from Loehmann's, BCBGeneration.  These cognac colored, caged wedges paired nicely with my beloved huge bowling handbag.  About 5 years ago, I scored this Coach beauty on the way to a sinful trip to Vegas at the Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas.  The leather has looked better every year that passes, but can feel like I am carrying a small child in there!







My jewels are ever so sparkly!  Gold and rhinestones are playing their part in the necklace from Banana Republic and the exotic elephant earrings from Forever 21.  The lip color is by MAC, "Girl About Town" found here.





Even though I was not doing this at the time, this last picture reminded me to take a second...and take it all in.
Exhale and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment